Sunday, March 23, 2008

Scrap Therapy?

Let's face it. Life is full of scrap. I have an addiction, and I love it. I am addicted to scrapbooking. It was, along with my friends, there to help me when I needed help.

A few months ago, my life was a mess. My job was going well, but I felt as though I was in a career stand-still. My daughter seemed to hate me in her teen-aged mind. My bills weren't getting paid. It's not that I wasn't making the money. I wasn't gambling. I wasn't doing drugs. I wasn't even drinking it away. I just didn't FEEL like paying them. I did not hear from my closest friends as much as I would have liked. Mind you, I didn't call them, so why would I expect them to call me? I had one friend that was actually bringing me down rather than picking me up. Now that I look back on it, he had become emotionally draining. I love him to death, and I probably will for a very long time, if not forever. A lot had to change, but at the time I didn't know it. You know the old saying, "hindsight is 20/20?" Well, it's 100% true, and this is a prime example of that.

I don't know what happended particularly to pull me out of my slump. All I know is that I started scrapbooking again, I once again, became emotionally attached to my closest friends, I stopped feeling dependent on the guy friend, and even my daughter doesn't always hate me. (She is still a teenager, so I don't expect a miracle.) The bills are even paid. I am once again, sticking to my budget, and I no longer have to dread the phone ringing. As for the guy, he rarely calls because he thinks I am crazy for loving my job, and is bitter about the fact that I make more money than he does. His inferiority complex was one of the things that brought me down. I really think that he was dragging me down to make himself feel better. The nerve!

My recipe for feeling great: A great family, the best friends in the world (especially one BEST friend of all), a job you love (Personally, I know a few SAHM's that have the best job out there although one of the most stressful!), a little bit of time to scrap, loads of pictures, scrapbooking supplies, the ablity to tell anyone that wants to bring you down, "BITE ME!" (My best friend gave me that one, and I love her dearly for it.) Mix all of the ingredients together, and sweeten to taste. Serves anyone that needs it. Don't store... SHARE IT! It lasts forever.

No comments: